We understand that sometimes you might need support to carry out day-to-day tasks which you’re finding difficult to do. This could include help with managing money, improving relationships, or assistance with benefits and housing applications.
Our Sandwell Community Offer service can provide you with guidance, information and advice to improve your wellbeing.
Our team of Community Navigators will work with you to find out what your needs are and can signpost you to local organisations that we partner with so that you can:
- Get access to specialist and mainstream support services
- Receive personalised advice, information and guidance
- Manage your finances and maximise your income
- Integrate with your local community and play an active role in it
- Connect with others in similar situations to you
- Build your confidence to manage your own needs
- We can offer home visits and accompany you to appointments or group meetings to help integrate you into the local community and reduce isolation and loneliness. If you would like to join a support group, club or local class, we can help find activities that suit your individual needs.
Employment and Volunteering Support
We work in partnership with the Job Centre, Citizens Advice Bureau and Sandwell College’s Adult Education Service and can assist with filling out applications, job searches and interview preparation if you want to get into employment or volunteer your time.
Support for Carers
Caring for someone with mental ill health can be incredibly rewarding but also really tough. It can make you feel isolated and worried, as well as putting a lot of pressure on you.
Our 12-week support programme will help you begin feeling like yourself again and we’ll work with you to create a package of care that you can continue once the 12 weeks are up. This could include supporting you with your carers allowance application, finding carer support groups for you to join or helping to arrange respite care for your loved one.
If you need support with any welfare issues, our team are on hand to help. We can complete benefits checks, carry out any welfare assessments and work with you on any outstanding appeals.
How can I get a referral?
Step 1 Fill the form below and submit.
Step 2 TeamKPG will be in touch and can issue the self referral form in various formats to suit.
Alternatively you can call 0121 726 3983.
Healthcare professionals can refer via telephone, email or by completing our referral form please click here to download.
Address: Community Offer, Ideal for All, The Independent Living Centre, 100 Oldbury Road, Smethwick, B66 1JE
Tel: 0121 726 3983